Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Planning my routine

Okay, so I have OCD and I'm also anal-retentive, so I crave order and routine.
I have a couple of blogs, but never find time to post anything.
I buy a lot of books and rarely get to read them.
I always have a list of things to do, some of those I actually get done. Why? Because there's a list, a plan. That works for me (somewhat), so now I need to bring that principal to get into a consistent routine AND get more done.

• Write Blog Post/Ideas (don't need to post every day but at least work on ideas)
• Read (get through the books, magazines and online content that piles up waiting for my attention)
• Design (anything - I have many ideas)
• Work (yeah, have to make time for that too)
• Socialize (emails, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn - it's something I do that needs a timeframe for the stopping point, otherwise it's all I do)
• Meditate (relax, think OR don't think, reboot and recharge)
• Family (have to make time for the family - kids grow too fast and life is too short)

Now, I just need to designate when it makes the most sense to do what.
But that's for another day...

BTW... I'm also a procrastinator - that doesn't help either. *sigh

No comments: