Monday, July 23, 2007

Life's Passion

I'm not sure about where my life has gone or where it shall go in the future, but I believe my soul was meant for other things. I think it's a matter of location, not misdirection or mistakes. I've found the perfect woman, I have a beautiful daughter, and we have a comfortable life... but I think there's more.

My wife and I work too hard (well, she does) and it's rewarding enough monetarily, but it's not fulfilling. It's work. I want a passion. Not just for me, but for all of us. I don't know what, but something... buy a chateau in France or Italy with a vineyard and toil over each vintage; write a great novel that seizes the imagination; retake my art and stop feeling like I'm wasting a gift; learn to play the piano; rebuild and customize a '70 1/2 Chevy Camaro Z28 and road trip across the country; and share whatever it is with friends and family.

No comments: